Traffic and Income reports are one of my favorite things to read from other bloggers, so to keep us accountable for our goals (in the spirit of being productive) we’ve decided to share as well! This blog was never intended to become a full time job or even a major source of income, but we still think it will be fun to track.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosures here.
Please keep in mind we launched this blog on February 2, 2016.
- Pageviews: 37,402
- Average Session Duration: 01:18
- Bounce Rate: 78.29%
- New Sessions: 72.58%
- Highest Traffic Day: 2,786
Our numbers took a slight dip this month, likely due to some social media experimenting we’ve been doing when it comes to promoting our posts, but we are very excited to see these results only a few months into blogging.
Now let’s take a look at where they came from..
April Traffic Sources
- Social: 57.91%
- Pinterest: 62.78%
- Facebook: 18.59%
- reddit: 13.28%
- Instagram: 5.17%
- Direct: 36.40%
- Referral: 1.63%
- Organic Search: 4.06%*
* We more than doubled this number this month! I attribute this to us installing Yoast SEO (WordPress plugin) and updating all of our old posts.
I attribute a lot of this growth to things I learned in last months purchase of “Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook”. I only purchased the base model, but after the results I am definitely considering upgrading.
Social Media Report
March Social Media Growth
- Instagram: 2,183
- Pinterest: 408
- Facebook Page: 32
- Newsletter Subscribers: 458
Profit and Loss Report
- Amazon Affiliates (4/1 – 4/30): $92.00
- Google Adsense: $20.73
- Framework Affiliate: $50.00
- Total Gross Income: $162.73
This was our lowest month in expenses to date, since we only invested in Pinterest marketing by piloting both Tailwind and BoardBooster (free trial).
- Tailwind: $15
- Total Spend: $15
Please note: Jen owned a web hosting plan for other sites ($106.88 yearly), and the Genesis framework ($59.95) prior to this blog launching so we didn’t actually have to pay these amounts to launch this particular site. The WordPress Theme (37.46) was purchased in February 2016. We decided to still share so you would understand what the cost would be should you start from scratch.
Total Net Profit: $147.72
- Total # of posts published: 14
- Most popular posts:
Goals for April
- Launch newsletter (Jen) — Jen dropped the ball on this again – Migrated from March goals
- Maintain 1 week of blog posts scheduled in advance (Liz) — Liz dropped the ball on this again – Migrated from March goals
- Increase blog traffic numbers — We just missed this mark, explained above.
Better understand and leverage Pinterest
- Offer a giveaway for our readers – Put on hold for 5k IG followers.
Sign up for PadSquad for mobile ads Sign up for Sovrn for desktop ads Sign up for IZEA for sponsored posts
Goals for Next Month
- Launch newsletter (Jen) – Migrated from March
- Maintain 1 week of blog posts scheduled in advance (Liz) – Migrated from March
- Increase blog traffic numbers
- Get Board Booster fully set up for Pinterest
- Update old posts to optimize for Pinterest
- Explore StumbleUpon
Let us know if you like seeing this – I know a lot of people have been curious about how blogs work behind the scenes!