Traffic and Income reports are one of my favorite things to read from other bloggers, so to keep us accountable for our goals (in the spirit of being productive) we’ve decided to share as well! This blog was never intended to become a full time job or even a major source of income, but we still think it will be fun to track.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosures here.
Please keep in mind we launchd this blog on February 2, 2016.
- Pageviews: 38,716
- Average Session Duration: 01:20
- Bounce Rate: 76.7%
- New Sessions: 67.65%
- Highest Traffic Day: 2,123
We are very excited to see this results in our second month of blogging! Now let’s take a look at where they came from..
March Traffic Sources
- Social: 64.01%
- Facebook: 52.07%
- reddit: 19.12%
- Pinterest: 21.89%
- Instagram*: 6.88%
- Direct*: 33.22%
- Referral: 1.52%
- Organic Search: 1.25%
* Instagram by default is grouped with direct traffic instead of social. I used a hack to start pulling the data separately but did not do this until the end of the month.
Social Media Report
March Social Media Growth
- Instagram: 1,360
- Pinterest: Starting over this month with new Pinterest account – 14
- Facebook Page: New in March – 22
- Newsletter Subscribers: 278
Profit and Loss Report
- Amazon Affiliates (3/1 – 3/31): $63.26
- Google Adsense: $10.69
- Framework Affiliates Program: $40.00
- Total Gross Income: $113.95
- Web Hosting*: $107.88 ($8.99/mo)
- Genesis WordPress Framework: $59.95 (One time purchase in February 2016)
- Genesis WordPress Theme: $37.46 (One time purchase in February 2016)
- Framework ebook and course: $25.00
- Total Spend: $33.99
- Total Actual Spend**: $33.99
* Paid yearly
** Jen owned a hosting plan for other sites, and the Genesis framework prior to this blog launching so we didn’t actually have to pay these amounts to launch this particular site. The WordPress Theme was purchased in February 2016. We decided to still share so you would understand what the cost would be should you start from scratch.
Total Net Profit: $79.96
- Total # of posts published: 17
- Most popular posts:
Goals for March
Increase posting to 3x per week.
- Maintain 1 week of blog posts scheduled in advance (i.e., Liz stop writing posts the day before).
Facebook page plan. Jen to draft and schedule 8-12 posts in advance to cover for the beginning of maternity leave (migrated this from last month). Find more Pinterest group boards to be a contributor on.
- Make April and May handwriting hack labels (like February’s) for resource library. (Downloads on these have been low so we will not continue.)
- Launch Newsletter (moving to next month when Jen returns)
Increase blog traffic numbers.
Goals for Next Month
- Launch newsletter (migrated from last month due to Jen’s maternity leave)
- Maintain 1 week of blog posts scheduled in advance (i.e., Liz stop writing posts the day before – migrated from March, LIZ)
- Increase blog traffic numbers
- Better understand and leverage Pinterest
- Offer a giveaway for our readers
- Sign up for PadSquad for mobile ads
- Sign up for Sovrn for desktop ads
- Sign up for IZEA for sponsored posts
Let us know if you like seeing this – I know a lot of people have been curious about how blogs work behind the scenes!