Traffic and Income reports are one of my favorite things to read from other bloggers, so to keep us accountable for our goals (in the spirit of being productive) we’ve decided to share as well! This blog was never intended to become a full time job or even a major source of income, but we still think it will be fun to track.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosures here.
Please keep in mind we launched this blog on February 2, 2016.
- Pageviews: 47,673 (+)
- Sessions: 30,292 (+)
- Average Session Duration: 1:19 (+)
- Bounce Rate: 78.86% (+ – you want this to go down)
- New Sessions: 68.39% (–)
- Highest Traffic Day: 2,361 (–)
Great month in terms of increases in page views and sessions. I’d like to see our duration continue to go up, and see the bounce rate go down more!
Now let’s take a look at where they came from..
May Traffic Sources
- Social: 72.40% (+)
- Pinterest: 79.07%(+)
- Facebook: 8.55% (–)
- reddit: 9.60% (–)
- Instagram: 2.33% (–)
- Direct: 20.71% (–)
- Referral: 1.13% (–)
- Organic Search: 5.80% (+)
I attribute a lot of this growth to things I applied from my purchase of “Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook”.
Social Media Report
March Social Media Growth
- Instagram: 2,872 (+)
- Pinterest: 1054 (+)
- Facebook Page: 38 (+) <— help us out and give us a like)
- Newsletter Subscribers: 524 (+)
Profit and Loss Report
- Amazon Affiliates (5/1 – 5/31): $157.73
- Google Adsense: $60.10
- Framework Affiliate: 0
- Total Gross Income: $217.83
This was our highest month in expenses to date because we made some tool and training investments. We both work in professional development so we know how important training is!
- Tailwind: $15.00
- Board Booster: $5.00
- Board Booster Training (Jen): $5.99
- Part Time Blogger, Full Time Income Training (Liz): $50.00
- New Site Theme: $35.99
- Total Spend: $119.98
Please note: Jen owned a web hosting plan for other sites ($106.88 yearly), and the Genesis framework ($59.95) prior to this blog launching so we didn’t actually have to pay these amounts to launch this particular site. The WordPress Theme (37.46) was purchased in February 2016. We decided to still share so you would understand what the cost would be should you start from scratch.
Total Net Profit: $111.84
- Total # of posts published: 15
- Most popular posts in May:
Goals for May
Launch newsletter (Jen) – Migrated from March
- Maintain 1 week of blog posts scheduled in advance (Liz) — Liz dropped the ball on this again – Migrated from March and April goals
Increase blog traffic numbers Get Board Booster fully set up for Pinterest Update old posts to optimize for Pinterest Explore StumbleUpon
Goals for Next Month
- Switch to ConvertKit
- Set up email sequences
- Send Monthly Newsletter
- Maintain 1 week of blog posts scheduled in advance (Liz) – Migrated from March
- Increase blog traffic numbers
- Grow Facebook page
- Improve blog design
Let us know if you like seeing this – I know a lot of people have been curious about how blogs work behind the scenes!
Get Instant Access to our FREE Resource Library
Sign up to receive our newsletter and you'll get free printables and exclusive content through our members-only resource library!