These are the supplies we use for bullet journaling. Keep in mind, while we love all of these products, all you need to bullet journal is a notebook and pen. You don’t need to make a big investment in order for the system to be a fun and effective one for you!
That being said, on to our favorites!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see our disclosures here.
- Leuchtturm 1917 – Our Favorite – this is the one we both use.
- Moleskine – Liz uses this one for practice, testing spreads, etc.
- Piccadilly – Liz uses this one for practice, testing spreads, etc.
- Rhodia Dot Pad – Jen uses one for handwriting practice.
- Sharpie Pen – A favorite for both of us, we like the medium tip for drawing lines, spreads, etc.
- Staedtler Triplus Fineliner (black) – This is #1 for both of us – we always have these on us.
- Staedtler Fineliner Pens (color pack) – Another favorite of ours, the 20-color pack!
- Pilot Futayaku Double-Sided Brush Pen – The jury is still out on this one, but this is a new pen that Jen has been experimenting with. Good price for a double-sided brush pen!
- Zebra Highlighters – Ok maybe this is an accessory and not technically a pen? But these highlighters are amazing for those more dim (vs. bright) highlights you see on Pinterest and Instagram. Added plus? They don’t bleed!
- Pilot Metropolitan – This is a great fountain pen for starting out. Liz swears by this one!
- Leuchtturm Black Pen Loop – We both were iffy about this at first because it does not fit most pens easily, however, it fits the Staedtlers perfectly so as long as the pen you mainly use is a thin one, you should be good with this purchase. We know many folks who tuck their pen under the strap, but our concern was that could stretch it out over time.
- Folding Ruler – Jen loves this ruler because it can span the two pages when opened, but can be folded to fit perfectly in a travel pen bag or purse. The clear color and lines help make sure you are straight with your lines every time.
- Washi Tape + Dispenser – We both are washi addicts, and get it from a variety of places. This is a neat tool because it organizes it, allows for even tears, and comes with 16 rolls at a great price.
Get Instant Access to our FREE Resource Library
Sign up to receive our newsletter and you'll get free printables and exclusive content through our members-only resource library!