Halloween is one of my all-time favorite holidays. I have such a blast with the costumes, the decorations, the movies, and the ‘spirit’. Before having kids, I was all about trips to Salem, Mass. and haunted experiences. These days, I’m all about goofy family-themed Halloween costumes and fun Halloween snacks.
This page contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
These ‘Mummy’ cupcakes are so incredibly easy (and fun) to make.
I’ve included a recipe below but for Mom’s on a time crunch (I get it – I’m the queen of time saving tips), save yourself the trouble and buy a box of cake mix. You can still enjoy decorating!
If you don’t have a flat icing tip, you’ll want to grab one of those. I like this set. The other thing you can do is buy frosting in a packet and just cut the corner of the packet on an angle.
Mummy Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- White icing of your choice
- Candy “eyes”
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt
- Whisk together dry ingredients
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with mixer in between each egg
- Stir in the vanilla
- Alternate slowly adding milk and dry ingredients, beat well
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Cool before frosting
- To frost mummy, use a flat shaped icing tip
- Add icing to back of eyes to make sure they stick