Halloween is one of my all-time favorite holidays. I have such a blast with the costumes, the decorations, the movies, and the ‘spirit’. Before having kids, I was all about trips to Salem, Mass. and haunted experiences. These days, I’m all about goofy family-themed Halloween costumes and fun Halloween snacks.
This page contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
These ‘Mummy’ cupcakes are so incredibly easy (and fun) to make.
I’ve included a recipe below but for Mom’s on a time crunch (I get it – I’m the queen of time saving tips), save yourself the trouble and buy a box of cake mix. You can still enjoy decorating!
If you don’t have a flat icing tip, you’ll want to grab one of those. I like this set. The other thing you can do is buy frosting in a packet and just cut the corner of the packet on an angle.
Mummy Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- White icing of your choice
- Candy “eyes”
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt
- Whisk together dry ingredients
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with mixer in between each egg
- Stir in the vanilla
- Alternate slowly adding milk and dry ingredients, beat well
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Cool before frosting
- To frost mummy, use a flat shaped icing tip
- Add icing to back of eyes to make sure they stick
Get Instant Access to our FREE Resource Library
Sign up to receive our newsletter and you'll get free printables and exclusive content through our members-only resource library!